There are lots of ways you can get involved with the KARZ Club.
The officer positions are elected in September each year and serve two year terms. The President and Secretary positions are up in odd years, the Vice President and Treasurer are up in even years. In addition to the traditional officers we have many leadership positions that coordinate specific activities. The responsibilities of each position are listed below. Currently we have opening for two positions - VP and Secretary, contact Bob Gates if you are interested and have questions.
If your time to volunteer is more limited consider helping with any of the activities. The Rod Run is our biggest event and we need help parking cars, setting up tents, selling t-shirts, registering entrants and tearing down. It is easy to be in the show and be a volunteer.
Our next most labor intensive activity is grilling at the Tuesday evening Cruise-In, considering taking a week and bringing a salad or working the burger grill, contact Vickie Stites, she would love the help.
If you would like to volunteer your shop for a club meeting or garage tour contact Ken Higgs. There are lots of ways to be involved and they are all important to the success of the club.
KARZ Club - Roles and Responsibilities
President - Bob Gates 751-4513
- Sets the overall goals and direction of the club based on member feedback
- Establishes a budget for the year
- Organizes and facilitates meetings
- Responsible for communication to club members
- Responsible for the Rod Run
Vice President - Open
- Assists President and is training to become the next President
- Stands in for the President at meetings and events when they are not available
- Responsible for Rod Run fund raising; sends letters to potential sponsors, coordinates follow-ups until we hit our goal.
- Holds a leadership position
Treasurer - John Standish
- Checks the PO Box, deposits all incoming funds, pay the bills of the club, reconciles the bank account monthly
- Provides treasury report at business meetings
- Files annual tax return
Secretary - Open
- Maintains record of decisions and action items at business meetings
- Provides report at business meetings
Tuesday Cruise-In - Organizes and coordinates the Tuesday Cruise-in’s during the season, May to September. Vicky & Ken Stites 752-6147
Cruise Coordinator - organizes and facilitates the club cruises. Currently we have a Spring Cruise, Cruise for Cash at the Rod Run and a Fall Cruise. Wayne Walker 674-8634 and Rick Brown
Garage Nights / Tours - Organizes and coordinates the Garage Nights and Tours. We try to hold our business meetings at a member shop or sponsor business when possible. In addition we have been doing a Saturday garage tour each year that runs an afternoon. Ken Higgs 752-8578
Website - Updates the website throughout the year. Bob Gates
Facebook - Manages the clubs Facebook page, promotes upcoming events on Facebook and coordinates the activities of a group of Facebook Contributors who can take pictures and post info from the actual events. Maggie Roth. Booge Hartman and Ken Higgs are contributors